Wednesday 27 February 2008

Fire Comes to Gorgie


We'll it happened and I'm still here to tell the tale. I did my Fire Walk along with Kevin and 22 others. Jan and Ed Donaldson took part from Glenrothes corps. The motivational talk by Vaughan the trainer from "Blaze", left us all without voices, with all the shouting we were doing. We walked over hot coals of the standard temperature of 1200 C with our bare feet. Thanks to Sheonagh Alison and my kids for supporting from the corps. There were a few pictures taken and Kevin's video diary should be interesting to watch. I'll try to post a link when I find it on You Tube. None of the participants were injured and apart from getting dirty feet from the ash, the 7 steps were the shortest sponsor walk I've completed! Thanks to sponsorship from corps and family we've managed to raise around £450 for the children’s and youth retreat later in the year.

No comments: