Tuesday 4 December 2007

Teddy Bears


I've just had an interesting conversation with my colleague chaplain in prison today. Yasim visits the prison as a Muslim man to chaplain Muslim prisoners. When I asked him about the news of the UK teacher being released, his comment was so refreshing. "Most Muslims around the world are so embarrassed at the Sudanese authorities response at jailing this woman. It's an utter disgrace. Most Muslim's are God fearing peaceable men and women. This news paints Muslim's in such a bad light."


Gillian Gibbons, who has been the victim of misunderstanding. Her crime was to be naive at cultural differences. As I meet and welcome strangers who are different from me over the next wee while, I hope I can show the same care, understanding and loving kindness that she displayed to the children she taught. "love our enemies and pray for those who persecute you." we're commanded by the man who was the baby we celebrate coming into our world at this time of year. I guess I'll be encountering over the next few weeks those who are different from me and I hope I can show Christ-like attitudes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I will say one solution for you.Cheer someone up who doesn't feel well. Wearing a flannel robe with hankie, and adorable fuzzy slippers, teddy bears will be a companion in good times and bad.